Please find our current employment opportunities below:
Sales Engineer position would create demand by identifying new opportunities for Crowley Associates’ principals at the customer level. Provide support to our Distribution Sales Manager and our distribution channel.
TERRITORY: State of Connecticut
• Expansion of market share through the sale of our principal’s products or services in a defined territory by generating profitable sales in new and existing accounts.
• Travel to customers to identify opportunities and create new business opportunities for our principals.
• Travel to customers with principals, Field Application Engineers and distribution partners to promote Crowley Associates’ manufacturers.
• Travel to customers at the request of Crowley Management, a Product Marketing Manager, a Product Line Manager, a Distribution Sales Manager or our New Business Development Manager in support of our principals.
• Coordinate with the New Business Development person to cultivate new customers and expand product sales in existing customers.
• Utilize our CRM to manage customers and to close new business opportunities.
• Sort through customer issues to determine solutions and engage proper resources to resolve issues.
• To understand a customer needs and to probe for answers, and then determine a solution and advocate that solution to the customer.
• Have a proficient understanding of principal’s product offerings and applications.
• Attend technical trainings at our principal’s locations as requested by management.
• Complete online training given by our principals.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: This position requires customer and distributor-facing activities so candidates need to possess excellent communications skills. The ability to make effective presentations and market knowledge are essential to advise customers in their selection process. Must be able to prioritize, multitask, and deal with pressure. Required to be highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Must have the ability to sell, persuade, influence and negotiate. Essential to have demonstrated the ability to build relationships at all levels of customers and suppliers. Ability to relate to design engineers across many various applications. Candidates must have a “team player” attitude and be able to efficiently and effectively handle shifting and multiple priorities.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Administration or Business Management. A degree in electrical or mechanical engineering would be preferred. A degree in any other engineering discipline, physics or science may be acceptable with appropriate electrical engineering experience.
EXPERIENCE: Sales experience with account base development is required. Candidates with an understanding of the electronics market, a manufacturer’s representative firm and a distribution channel is preferred.
TRAVEL: Travel is mandatory to customers and distribution partners in the state of Connecticut. The frequency of travel will be on an as needed basis or directed by Crowley Management. Candidates will also be obligated to travel to principals for training and with our principals to customers and our distribution partners. Travel to our office in Amherst NH will also be required from time to time.
COMPUTER RELATED REQUIREMENTS: A laptop will be provided by Crowley Associates. Crowley requires our employees to use Microsoft 365 Office Suite. Crowley Associates requires our sales staff to use SalesLogix as our customer relationship management tool, and training on SalesLogix will be provided.
Please contact Tim Shannon at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.